http://bloggingwithamy.com/categories/

Friday

Update on the Mourning Dove.

My son came home from school and caught the bird on the window sill. He took the poor thing outside and set it under the bird feeder by the seed on the ground. It burst up flying and headed off. It had no back tail feathers left so we could tell it from others of it's kind, but we have not seen it around since. Hope it survived the ordeal. I t was sure excited to be set free. Must have been torturous the 2 or so hours it paced back in front of the window and seeing the outside, but unable to find freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to the Subject

About the creator of this blog.

My photo
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Love dipping my mind, hands and feet into about anything that is pure clean and crisp. 5 kids, some out of the nest and married, some at home. Live on a small rural farm with 2 dogs: one poodle and one boogle. 17 chickens so far, but eggs are setting. One guinea fowl. 2 adorable pekin ducks. 1 beautiful goose and a pond load of fish. But my name is not Old McDonald. Married for 26 years to my sweetheart.